Welcome to RichardMagazine.com, these are the terms and conditions of your use of the Site. It is important that you read carefully and clearly understand these terms and conditions, as it sets out the rights and duties between you, the User, and us. By using this Site you agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this Site. In order to continuing creating your account you must accept these terms and conditions.
I. Changes to the Site or Terms
We reserve the right at any time to change the terms and conditions of this agreement at our sole discretion. Richard Magazine reserves the right to change the Site, including the elimination or discontinuation of any information, services, or other features in whole or in part; and deny or terminate your use or access to the Site.
By registering with us or by using this Site you represent, acknowledge, and agree that you are at the age of majority where you reside. This is a legal document and you must be able to enter into a contract. Under no circumstance may someone under the age of 13 have an account with us, even with parental consent.
Access to certain functionalities of the Site will require you to register with us or provide certain information to Richard Magazine. If you register or provide information to StyleTipster you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted. You further agree to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You agree and understand that you may not impersonate, imitate, or pretend to be someone else when registering.
We reserve the right to, at any time, with or without notice to you, to require a change to any password, User ID, or any other registration information
IV. Account Responsibility and Security
You are solely responsible for all of the activity affiliated with your account, including, but not limited to the use of the account by unauthorized persons and any transactions that may be posted to your account.
If you have reason to believe that your account has been compromised and is no longer secure, you must change the affected registration information immediately by contacting us.
V. Third Party Products and Services
You may be given the opportunity to purchase third party products or services through the Site. The availability of said services does not constitute an endorsement of any kind, nor does it constitute a warranty of quality of the goods or service. Any and all reviews are solely the opinion of the poster. They do not in any way reflect the opinions, official or otherwise, of Inventive Software.
We do not represent, warrant, or otherwise guarantee the product, or its descriptions are accurate. Nor do we warrant the product or service provided is of any particular quality or free from any defects. All products provided this way are expressly “as is.”
VI. No Warranties
The Site is provided “as is.” There are no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind. There are specifically no warranties of any kind provided, by Inventive Software, for any Third Party Products or Services.
A. Sensitive Information
You may freely discuss any topics of interest on the Site. The Site’s discussions may include medical, legal, tax, or financial information. You should not rely on the Site for this information and should consult with the proper professional.
The content available on or through the Site is in no way intended to and shall not be construed to constitute professional medical, legal, tax, or financial advice. The content is no way intended to recommend, endorse, or advise any financial instrument or investment strategy. The Site is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat any medical, or other similar conditions. Always seeks the advice of a qualified professional.
B. Opinion Disclaimer
The opinions that are expressed on the Site are solely the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinions of Richard Magazine or Inventive Software. The featuring of any product is not to be construed as an endorsement of the product by Richard Magazine, nor an endorsement of Richard Magazine from the manufacturer of the product.
VII. Third Party Links
This Site may contain links to third party websites. We cannot control linked websites or their content. Your use of those websites shall be subject to their own terms and conditions. You will also be required to accept and understand any third party privacy policies, which may differ considerably from Richard Magazine. Inclusion of a third party website is not an endorsement by us of any linked content. Any such approval or endorsement is expressly disclaimed. We further disclaim all liability that may arise from the use of these third party websites, and we make no representations about the accuracy, truthfulness, or any other content on such third party sites.
VIII. Postings and Other Submissions
You may be able to participate in certain public forums, comment sections, or other forms of public communication. Your participation is voluntary. By choosing to participate in any public forum, you acknowledge and agree that any content may be viewed by the general public. You further agree to be bound by any additional terms and conditions such forums may have.
By posting in accordance with this subsection you agree that your content will not be treated as private, proprietary, or confidential.
B. Grant of License
By posting in accordance with this subsection you agree to grant Inventive Software and our affiliates, licensees, and sublicensees, without compensation a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, process, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, derive works, publish, transmit, and distribute such content, or any portion thereof, throughout the world in any or all formats currently in existence or hereafter discovered, for the duration permitted by law.
C. Release of Moral Rights
By posting in accordance with this subsection you further agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to waive and release, and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in any content posted or provided by you.
D. Responsible for Royalties
You further agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages, and any other monies owed to any person as a result of any content posted by you. You explicitly agree to indemnify and hold harmless Richard Magazine from any action arising from your posting pursuant to this section.
E. Retention of Ownership
Inventive Software acknowledges and agrees that you or your licensors where applicable, retain ownership of any and all copyrights in the content, subject to the aforementioned license granted in subpart B of this section. Inventive Software acknowledges that no ownership transfers under these terms.
Inventive Software will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the attribution of such content, as submitted by you, and will not license to third parties individual content or collections of content except in each case for Inventive Software’s business purposes.
By posting or providing any content on this Site you represent and warrant that you own or have the right to use and permit us to use and license such content in the manner stated in this section. If you do not have such permission, before posting, you must first obtain permission or release from the owner of any product used. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Richard Magazine from any breach of this warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Inventive Software from any and all claims, damages, losses, fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees), and other expenses that arise, (direct or otherwise), from or as a result of your breach of this agreement and these terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, any breaches of intellectual property rights or harm done to any third party’s intellectual property rights, any other activity done that involves this Site, including negligent or willful misconduct.
X. Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights
Other than what has been provided for in this agreement or otherwise indicated on the Site, Inventive Software owns and operates the Site. Any and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Site are the sole property of Inventive Software. You may not copy, reduce, modify, adapt, translate, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sublicense, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part without prior express written consent.
XI. Copyright and Trademark Policy
Inventive Software has adopted and implemented a Copyright and Trademark Policy consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe a violation has occurred, please send a request to email@example.com
XIII. Absolute Restrictions
A. Absolute Restrictions. The following items are expressly prohibited: publishing any Site material in any media without prior express written consent, selling, sublicensing, or commercializing any Site material without prior express written consent. Using the Site in any way that is, may, or may become damaging to the Site, using the Site that impacts user access to this Site. Using this Site in any way contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause harm to the Site or any other party. Engaging in any form of data mining, extracting, or other similar activity regarding this Site or using this Site. Using the Site for advertising not covered in one of the above provisions. Certain elements of the Site are restricted from access and may be further restricted at Inventive Software’s sole discretion.
B. Other Restrictions. The following things are expressly restricted.
- You may not access or use anyone else’s account.
- You may not represent, imply, or falsely state an association, affiliation, or connection between any person or entity.
- You may not repeatedly post, upload, transmit, or make the same material available through the Site multiple times in a day, week, or month.
- You may not post, upload, transmit, or send spam communications.
- You cannot use any auto-response or automated process to use the Site, including posting, uploading, transmitting, or sending messages through the Site.
- You may not engage in personal attacks. You may not use language that is abusive, intimidating, bullying, harassing, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, or disparages an individual or group.
- You may not use any language that is hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, or disparages any group based on race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age. You may not engage in what we deem to be racism, sexism, ageism, religious intolerance, bigotry, ethnic slurs, or homophobia.
- You cannot use any language that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or international law, rule, or regulation. This includes without limitation defamation, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy.
- You may not stalk others on or through the Site, or contact other users in the real world without their permission.
- You may not use any language that is, or depicts anyone engaged in any act deemed to be, pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, perverse, illicit, indecent, lewd, or lascivious.
- You may not engage in cyber-sex, sexting, or solicit another to participate in cyber-sex or sexting through the Site.
- You may not use any language that we deem to be offensive, immoral, vulgar, crude, harmful, violent, deceptive, or otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not post, upload, or transmit any information that you are bound to keep confidential by agreement, fiduciary duty, or employment relationship.
- You may not provide professional advice or make any information available that is intended to provide professional advice about medical, legal, tax, financial, or investment issues.
- You may not post, upload, or transmit anything that illustrates, depicts anyone engaged in, or is intended to enable, authorize, encourage, assist, inform, promote, or give instructions for weapon or explosive creation or use.
- You cannot post any material that infringes, violates, or breaches the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other right of us, our licensors, vendors, service providers, other users, or any third party
- You may not copy, reproduce, modify, change, edit, crop, alter, revise, adapt, translate, enhance, reformat, remix, rearrange, resize, create derivative works of, move, remove, delete, or erase any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary legends, symbols, marks, or notices on the Site, or attempt to circumvent any mechanism for preventing the unauthorized reproduction of material
C. Caution. Any attempt to do any of the foregoing prohibited acts, or to undermine the operation of the Site, may be a violation of criminal or civil law. Should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right, in addition to any of our other remedies, to seek damages, including attorney’s fees, from any such individual or entity to the maximum extent of the law.
XIV. Acceptable Use
A. Your access and use of the Site may not interfere with our operation of the Site or another User’s use of the Site. We reserve the right to disconnect anything that causes interference to the Site.
B. Unless otherwise specified, the Site is for personal and non-commercial use.
C. You must comply with all local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations in accessing and using the Site. You must further notify us if you learn of a security or breach regarding the Site.
D. You must comply with all applicable import and export control laws, rules, and regulations of the United States and other countries, and you may not transfer anything subject to restrictions under such laws, rules, and regulations to a site, application, destination, location, person, or entity. You cannot make anything available through the Site that cannot be exported without prior government authorization or notification.
E. You warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Embargo. You further warrant that you are not located in a country that the US has designated as supporting terrorism. You also warrant that you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
F. Some things may be made available for download, installation, or streaming on your computer, mobile, or other device. Such materials are subject to the same terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions applicable to all other Site material. You may only use this material to the extent expressly authorized.
XV. Term and Termination
This Agreement becomes effective the date that you first access the Site and remains effective until terminated consistent with its terms. Violations of this agreement may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and denials or terminations of access to the Site, which may be either temporary or permanent. Upon termination your right to use this Site shall be revoked. Upon the revocation of the right to use the Site, you shall destroy, or cause to have destroyed any all copies of information you have obtained from the Site. All disclaimers, limitations of liability, indemnities, and rights of ownership of Inventive Software and licenses to Inventive Software shall survive any termination.
XVI. Variation of the Agreement
Inventive Software retains the right to revise and edit these terms and this agreement at any time at its sole discretion. If you continue to use the Site after any such alterations, then you shall be deemed to have accepted the new terms and conditions. If you do not wish to accept the new terms and conditions you must cease all use of the Site.
XVII. Additional Terms Pertaining to Applications
XVIII. Supplemental Terms
Certain uses of the Site, may require separate agreements and/or additional terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and a supplemental agreement or additional term, then the conflict will be resolved in favor of the more specific provision or if they are equally specific, the most recent terms.
XIX. Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3 California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Site is provided by Inventive Software, LLC. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our mailing address. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs which may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
Inventive Software shall be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent or any notice to you. You shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and obligations under this agreement.
If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. Should a provision of this agreement be found invalid or unenforceable, by a court, adjudicator, or arbitrator and they find that said provision can be enforceable by limiting or altering said provision, said provision shall be deemed to be written, constrained, and enforceable as so limited or altered.
XXII. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement, whether written or oral. This document supersedes and replaces any prior agreement, whether written or oral.
XXIII. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. Both parties consent to personal jurisdiction in the State of New Jersey.
XXIV. Mandatory Binding Arbitration
All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the State of New Jersey. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact. Such writing shall also include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorney fees. You further agree that the arbitration award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
XXV. Monitoring and Complaints
Our goal is to create an enjoyable online experience for all our users. So to that end, we may monitor activity on the Site, including commentaries to ensure compliance with these terms. However, we do not warrant that the Site will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use. Nor do we warrant that apparent statements of fact will be authenticated. Nor do we warrant that we will take any action in the event of a claim of non-compliance. We generally do not prescreen comments before they are posted. As such, you may be exposed to opinions, offense language, or inappropriate language that may violate this agreement.
You may be exposed to objectionable materials, but not all objectionable material is actionable. Please do not use the Site to incite or resolve a personal dispute. If you have a complaint consider the following:
1. Harassment. If you think someone is using the Site in a way that is directly harmful to you, you should contact your local authorities.
2. Copyright. If you believe there is copyright infringement or a similar violation of intellectual property rights, please contact us in accordance with our copyright policy above.
3. Cyber-Crime. If you believe that you have been the victim of an online crime, such as identity theft, fraud, infringement, or hacking, we suggest you contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
We here at Richard Magazine thank you for your interest in advertising with us. In order to advertise with Richard Magazine, you must accept these terms and conditions in conjunction with the selection of your advertising plan. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they set out the scope of your relationship with Richard Magazine.
- The parties. Richard Magazine is an online fashion website owned and operated by Inventive Software, LLC. You, the “Advertiser,” are seeking to advertise through Richard Magazine.
- When used the following words shall have the following meanings ascribed to them. Defined terms may be used in the singular or plural.
- Advertising Banner shall mean the graphic file supplied by the Advertiser, such that it complies with Richard Magazine’s requirements, as set forth either within these terms and conditions, the terms and conditions of other parts of the Site, or as set forth in your advertising plan.
- Advertising Plan shall mean the individual advertising agreements between Advertiser and Richard Magazine.
- Advertisement shall mean the Advertising Banners stored in Richard Magazine’s Servers, or more generally the collection of all advertising material provided by Advertiser pursuant to the advertising plan.
- Effective Date shall mean the date that the advertising plan is purchased and the day upon which the Advertiser proceeds to accept these terms and conditions. Effective Date shall also mean the day upon which notice is effective, if notice is required under these terms and conditions.
- Term shall mean the duration of the advertising plan, beginning on the Effective Date and continuing until the termination or expiration pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- By registering with this Site you represent, acknowledge, and agree that you are at the age of majority where you reside. Under no circumstance may anyone under the age of 13 have an account with us, even with parental consent.
- During the Term, Richard Magazine shall provide space to Advertiser for an Advertisement that will be displayed on the Site (www.richardmagazine.com) during the Term. Advertiser agrees that Richard Magazine may make certain editorial changes to any Advertisement provided to it. Such changes include, but are not limited to the substitution of one page for another, modifying the format of any Advertising Banners, the specific placement of an Advertising Banner on a certain page and the rotation thereof. Richard Magazine will use commercially reasonable efforts to place the Advertisement in comparable locations. If the Advertiser asks Richard Magazine to modify the Advertisement, Advertiser may be charged consistent with the selected advertising plan.
- Richard Magazine Provided Advertising. At Advertiser’s option, Advertiser may request that Richard Magazine create the requested Advertisement. Should Advertiser elect to use this method, there will be an extra charge for the design of any such Advertisement provided pursuant to this section. The choice to have Richard Magazine create the requested Advertisement shall solely be up to the discretion of the Advertiser.
- Right of Refusal. Richard Magazine specifically reserves the right to refuse to post any Advertisement if Richard Magazine, in its sole discretion, deems such Advertisement to be improper. Improper content includes, but is not limited to any of the following.
- Any content deemed to be obscene. Such obscene content includes, but is not limited to pornographic materials, sexually explicit materials, indecency, perverse materials, and illicit conduct.
- Any content intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or international law, rule, or regulation.
- Any content Richard Magazine deems to be damaging to its reputation, name, or standing.
- Any other content Richard Magazine determines to be objectionable.
- All payments made in accordance with any of these policies or any advertising plan shall be remitted as follows. When an advertising plan is selected, payment in full, is to be due and payable at the time the plan is selected. All payments are to be made upfront and prior to any Advertisement being submitted to Richard Magazine for approval. Failure to pay at this time, will prevent any Advertisements from Advertiser to be listed with Richard Magazine, until any and all such payments are made.
- Completion and Expiration. Upon completion of the Term, Richard Magazine shall remove all expired Advertisements, unless otherwise provided for under these terms and conditions. The date of completion shall be provided when the advertising plan is selected. An Advertisement is considered expired if the Term it was submitted under has reached completion.
- Renewals for any given advertising plan, may or may not be available. All advertising is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. There are no guarantees that Advertiser’s current advertising plan will be available after the expiration of the Term.
- Service Interruptions. In the unlikely event that the Site experiences an interruption in service, Richard Magazine will work to restore the Site as quickly and efficiently as possible. In the event of a prolonged delay, Richard Magazine will continue to run any affected Advertisements after the Term has expired for the amount of time that was lost during the prolonged delay. For purposes of this provision a prolonged delay is an interruption in service in excess of 24 consecutive hours.
- The statistics that may be displayed on the Site may not be fully accurate. Richard Magazine will use commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the displayed statistics reflect the most recent and accurate traffic information. The statistics, however, may reflect certain estimates. Richard Magazine makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy of any such statistics.
- Representations and Warranties. Advertiser is solely responsible for any legal liability that arises out of or relates to the Advertisement or any material which users can link to, through the Advertisement. Advertiser additionally warrants that they own the necessary rights to permit the publication, distribution, and use of the Advertisement. Advertiser additionally warrants that the use, reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the Advertisement shall not violate any criminal laws or the rights of third parties. Advertiser shall retain ownership of the Advertisement, but grants Richard Magazine a royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual license to copy, modify, publish, and distribute the Advertisement provided pursuant to this agreement.
- Advertiser agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Inventive Software, LLC from any and all claims, damages, losses, fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees), and other expenses that arise, (direct or otherwise), from or as a result of Advertiser’s breach of the Advertising Plan or these terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, any breaches of intellectual property rights or harm done to any third party’s rights, or any other activity done that involves this Site, including negligent or willful misconduct.
- Limitations on Damages. In the event of any breach of any of this agreement by Richard Magazine, the sole and exclusive remedy of Advertiser and all agents thereof, shall be the recovery of damages not to exceed the amount paid by Advertiser for the Advertisement in connection with which the breach occurred. RICHARD MAGAZINE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, whether based on a breach of contract, tort, or otherwise.
- Default and Termination. Either party may terminate this agreement upon seven (7) days’ written notice to the other party if said other party materially breaches these terms and conditions. Sections 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, and 24, as well as all payment obligations shall survive any termination or expiration of this agreement.
- Advertiser may not assign this agreement or any rights or obligations under it, without the express, written consent of Richard Magazine. Said consent, may not be unreasonably withheld. Advertiser may not submit any Advertisements concerning any third party products without the prior, express, written consent of Richard Magazine. Said consent, may not be unreasonably withheld. Any transfer of control of substantially all the assets or business of Advertiser shall be considered to be an assignment under this section. Richard Magazine may assign its duties, rights, and obligations under this contract after providing not less than seven (7) days’ notice to Advertiser.
- Applicable Law. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. The courts of New York shall be the exclusive jurisdiction to hear any matter arising out of this agreement, unless otherwise provided for by law. All parties agree that the courts of New York shall have personal jurisdiction over all claims arising out of these terms and conditions.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable for failure to perform its obligations, except for the payment of money, under this agreement due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the parties’ reasonable control. Such circumstances or causes include, but are not limited to Acts of God, riots, embargoes, acts of governmental authorities, fires, earthquakes, floods, accidents, strikes, or any inability to secure transmission facilities. Time to perform will be extended for the duration of any such conduct. However, either party, upon fifteen (15) days’ notice, after any suspension under this provision, may terminate this agreement.
- Attorney’s Fees. If either party employs attorneys to enforce any right relating to this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney fees.
- All notices shall be deemed given five (5) days after any such notice has been handed over to any courier service for delivery to the other party.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. Should a provision of this agreement be found invalid or unenforceable, by a court, adjudicator, or arbitrator, but such adjudication finds that said provision can be enforceable by limiting or altering said provision, said provision shall be deemed to be written, constrained, and enforceable as so limited.
- Richard Magazine and its affiliates will not be considered to have waived any of its rights or remedies described in this agreement, unless the waiver is in writing and signed by all relevant parties. No delays or omissions by Richard Magazine in exercising its rights or remedies will impair said rights or be construed as a waiver. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy will not preclude further exercise of any other right or remedy. Richard Magazine’s failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of its rights to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions of this agreement.
- English Language. The official language of the agreement shall be English. If there is a conflict between the English version and a translation, the English version shall control.
- Transactions conducted pursuant to this agreement, shall be made in the United States Dollar.
- Policy Scope. This policy only applies to information collected through the Site. It does not cover any other personal information we may collect or receive from other sources. Unless otherwise covered in another portion of the Site’s various terms and conditions, this policy does not apply to any business information, only to personal information.
- Type of Information Collected. You may browse the Site without creating an account, but certain features may not be available to you, unless you have an account with us. When creating an account, we may collect your name, email address, address, contact information, username, password, or any other additional information you may provide to us. We may also collect information from you if you log into our Site through any third party account, such as Facebook or LinkedIn. The option to use such third party sites may occur and will be at your option. The information we will be able to access from such third party sites will depend on what privacy settings you use on the third party site. We may also collect the following types of Personal Information through the Site.
- Business owner contact information. This includes name, address, email address, phone number, and individual title information.
- Information about your visits to and use of this Site or the websites of third party services to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality, and user experience.
- Information to verify your identity. This may include things like your social security number, user name, password, driver’s license, age, or date of birth.
- Any other personal information you may submit or upload to the Site or provide to us through email.
We may also attach any Personal Information we collect through other sources, such as public records, demographic information, and any other background information. We may automatically collect information that may not be personally identifiable, including the website from which you came to our Site from, your IP address, browser type, and other information relating to the device you use to access the Site. We may combine this information with Personal Information to improve the services we offer to you.
- Direct Collection. When creating an account, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information to register, some of this information may be optional, but some may be required to create the account. Additional information may be gathered if you choose to provide it.
- Uses of Personal Information. We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any of your requests or inquiries, or other customer service related purposes;
- To adjust offerings and services to you;
- To provide you with information regarding our company or products;
- To authenticate visitors to our Site;
- To improve our Site, offerings, or the services we provide; or
- To better understand how users interact with the Site.
- Third Party Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you may be interested in.
- To respond to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required to by law.
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To comply with bankruptcy proceedings. In the event of the sale or dissolution of all our assets you will be notified of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- To any third parties involved in the process of providing services to us or you or performing functions on our behalf, such as contractors, customer service providers, credit bureaus, and collection agencies. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us; or
- To provide products or services that you have requested.
- User Access. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer want to receive updates, or if you no longer want to be contacted about new products, you may correct, update, amend, delete, remove, or deactivate your contact information by emailing our Customer Support. Additionally you may also do any of the following by email:
- See what, if any, data we have about you;
- Change or correct data about you;
- Request that we delete any data we have concerning you; or
- Express any concerns you may have about the use of your data.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active. We will also retain your information as needed to provide you services after your account is deactivated. In addition, we are required to keep or retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
- Marketing Communications. We may send you emails from time to time about information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us, or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers, products, offerings, or other items. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional emails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 14 days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you emails about your account or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
- Richard Magazine takes reasonable steps to safeguard your personal and sensitive information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices. Your information can only be read or written through defined service access points, which are password protected. Physical security is accomplished through firewalls and secured servers. Access to the system is controlled.
We also equip our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology to ensure that when you connect you are actually on our Site. SSL also ensures that all data entered through the Site is encrypted. To verify that SSL is being used look for a padlock or key icon in your browser. Portions of the Site may also use “CAPTCHA” technology, which is a test that is used to make certain that transactions are being initiated by a human and not another computer. The test involves viewing a distorted image of a word that a computer would not be able to interpret and then entering the text shown in the image. We subject our systems to periodic security audits to ensure that your information is thoroughly protected and secured.
- Secure Hosting. We store all, if any, sensitive financial data in a secure environment.
- Your password is not known to any employee or third party with whom we may partner and we will never ask for your password as a means of identifying yourself. You should never share your password with anyone and if you ever receive an email purporting to come from us that asks for your password you should report it to us. We will never ask for your password, except when you log into your account.
- Protecting Your Password. In addition to our own substantial efforts, you can take several precautions to protect the security of your account and Personal Information. You can start by using a complex or well-chosen password. You should not use any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday; you should also use special characters in place of letters. While not mandatory this is highly recommended. We also recommend that you change your password frequently. You can also install and regularly update antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with a session on the Site, you should log out and close the browser window.
If you are accessing the Site in an area that is accessed by other people, such as a library or internet café, you should take special precautions to protect the security of your account. After finishing using the Site you should log out, close the browser window, and clear the browser’s cache files.
You should be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information known as “phishing.” Phishing is a tactic used by scammers in which unsuspecting people are brought to a website by a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. These false emails take the person to a website that looks legitimate, but is not. Either in the email itself or on this fake site scammers will ask for login information to gain access to people’s accounts to gain access to credit card information and other similar data. Richard Magazine will never ask you for your login information in the context of any email. You can protect yourself from phishing by never providing personal or login information via an email, instead go to the page directly. You might also want to check the URL of a webpage to be certain that it has the correct domain, www.richardmagazine.com.
- Session Time-Outs. We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the Site automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.